Client: Birmingham City Council
Repairs and Maintenance
Our team in Birmingham carry out repairs, maintenance, gas servicing and home improvements across 23,136 homes in 10 areas of the city. We deliver our fast and efficient service under a contract awarded in 2016 that runs until 2020.
- Continuing our long-term presence in the city where we have been carrying out repairs to much of the city’s housing stock since 2008
- At any one time, we have 24 local apprentices working on this contract
- In 2013 we became the first construction company to make a multi-million pound investment in opening our Fortem 4 Life Academy in Aston, currently training over 5,000 people a year in a host of job enhancing life skills
- We’ve contributed over £345,000 in time and materials towards local community schemes
- We have formed great relationships with local schools and colleges where we have involved them in our Opening Doors scheme.
A host of services to council-owned homes alongside responsive repairs and maintenance, with gas servicing, voids and capital improvement work programmes also included.
"We are delighted our partnership is continuing with Birmingham City Council to provide a fast and efficient service to its tenants. We’re equally proud of the huge legacy we’ve created over the past eight years, and look forward to playing a major role over the next eight in supporting the city’s growth by up-skilling many hundreds of people and creating new jobs." Mick Williamson, Managing Director at Fortem