Client: Oxford City Council
We are working with Oxford City Council on their flagship project to refurbish all of the city’s tower blocks and extend their life by at least 30 years. This design and build contract is reducing energy bills and improving living conditions for over 900 residents.
- We have formed partnerships with local colleges and businesses so that we can provide employment, training and apprenticeships
- Excellent community liaison has enabled us to carry out complex works to occupied blocks with minimal disruption to residents
- Thorough logistical planning enables assured delivery despite challenging access issues including a block built over a shopping centre and working in densely populated areas
- Our in-house technical experts worked closely with Oxford City Council to improve the U-value of the existing blocks and we will carry out post installation energy monitoring
- Structural repairs and installing rainscreen cladding and external wall insulation to 5 tower blocks.
- New windows, heating and sprinkler systems
- Creation of winter gardens by enclosing balconies
"The project reflects the Council’s commitment to raising the standard and quality of housing in Oxford. Adding another 30 years to the life of the towers means guaranteeing the provision of quality and affordable housing for our tenants for another generation." Councillor Mike Rowley