Client: Sutton Housing Partnership
We were chosen by Sutton Housing Partnership to carry out 110 bathroom pod replacements on the St. Helliers Estate in Sutton. The process of removing and replacing individual pods was undertaken in just a few hours.
- Working closely with our supply chain we coordinated everything from road closures and traffic management to lifting and disposing of existing pods.
- Residents were given up to 12 weeks notice of road closures prior to the lift.
- Residents were left without facilities for just a few hours. We provided alternative welfare facilities during lift day.
- The new bathrooms are built off site and shipped to the estate by lorry ready for installation.
- We developed a bespoke helical piling solution with Building Control to ensure suitable foundations were in place for the new pod before lift day, minimising the impact of the works on the resident.
- To remove the existing bathroom a purpose built lifting frame was developed with our supply chain to remove the old bathroom in one lift due to the content of asbestos. This is then bagged up and removed from site before being dismantled in controlled conditions.
"It went as smooth as silk, it was a fabulous operation. I’ve got praise for every single one of the team at Fortem, nothing was too much trouble for them. I said before that I’d do it again and I would." St. Helliers Estate Resident