Fortem Coronavirus Update
With the Government urging people to stay at home, now is arguably more important than ever for us to deliver our essential services, to enable people to live in safe, secure and habitable homes, a fundamental right that all our customers should expect.
While Fortem remains in operation during these unprecedented times, the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and customers are our top priority.
Our back-office functions are working from home and we have put extra measures in place to ensure our trades, site staff and subcontractors are keeping themselves and those around them safe.
We continue to talk to clients about their requirements and are working closely with them. As we are a national company working with multiple clients, we recommend you contact your local authority/housing association for information specific to your area.
We have established a safe system of work for our tradespeople working in homes, including:
- A thorough Risk Assessment for working in people’s homes and on sites to ensure we comply with government guidelines, taking into account social distancing and hygiene protocols such as wiping surfaces before and after work
- A review of all PPE and additional safety measures that will be required, such as hand sanitizers, to protect you and our teams
- We call all customers first to check they do not have symptoms of COVID-19, have received a positive test or self-isolating
Our sites have also adjusted working practices and put additional measures in place, such as:
- Additional welfare is being provided with break times staggered to reduce numbers
- Subcontractors have revised working methods
- Site deliveries are ‘Contact Free’
- One-way systems have been introduced where possible
- Digital signing to reduce close contact with visitors
We are continuously reviewing and updating our working practices in line with government updates and advice.
Please stay safe and well as we work together to ensure infection rates continue to reduce.